Monday, February 09, 2009

It's been AGES!!!

So, I moved from Washington State - an island off the coast of Washington State to the middle of Alberta, Canada in November and started a new job at the end of November. Slowly settling in and getting in the swing of things - and getting used to being back in Canada again! It's been a while since I lived north of the border...

Actually, I feel very much like a foreigner surprisingly. I was born in Canada and grew up and lived in Canada until I was nearly 25 - but I've lived 11 of the last 13 years in the States and really, 25 is still a kid so I've really lived almost all of my adult life in the States.

I never would have believed that I would feel so much like a foreigner in the country of my birth... but I kinda do. Not in a bad way really - it's just an adjustment.

Still, it's beautiful here:

So I can't complain.

Now if only I could start reading and writing again. The muse left me when I moved west in 2005 and I haven't found her again yet.

It'll come. I have faith.

No comments: