Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So... I wrote a book

I wrote a picture book last week. I don't know, it just came to me almost fully formed. It's got some flexibility though and I can imagine shortening it or lengthening it easily with the removal or addition of extra stanzas. It's really for younger children and has lots of repetition and I think, a good metre. I'm going to go over it a few more times but then I've decided I will submit it to a publisher. I even joined SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators) - which even if I wasn't interested in writing and publishing books for children I think I'd find it a great resource as a Youth Librarian.

Hee! I'm actually excited - and doing the librarian thing to thoroughly research the ins and outs of exactly who and how to submit this for potential publication!! I'm actually kinda sorta a little hopeful and think I might just have something here that I've seen a demand for from a growing segment of families.

No comments: