Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has sprung!

It was 8C here today!! I can see a few spots where the snow has melted enough that I can see tufts of grass even! I busted out my spring jacket, and really it was a little chilly still for that, but I felt happy to be out in something other than down. The only problem really was that when I switched coats this morning, I forgot that my wallet was in the winter coat's pocket and didn't remember until *after* I'd had my sub made at Subway... Oh well, at least I don't live too far so I was able to zip home and get it and still get my lunch!

Interesting day at work... due to staff shortages (vacation and sickness), I spent most of the day working on the front desk! It's been a while =D I had to just let go of the fact that I have about a zillion things I need to be doing other than this, but still, *this* (the patrons signing out books and asking questions) this is what I do the rest for so it's all good.

Tired though! Man do I suck! Just one day spent on the front desk and running around and I'm beat! Am I that old? Or is it still the move induced flare still wearing me out... Hmm, either way, I'm glad it's Friday and I can sleep in tomorrow!



Secret of the day...



I miss Friday Harbor more than I thought I would. Not work so much (mostly because as awesome as a couple of people were - and the kids, a couple of other people were crappy enough to make it miserable for me.

But the fun and friends and beautiful scenery... those I definitely do miss.



And this has nothing to do with how I feel here. I love it here. I still feel weirdly foreign sometimes, but comfortable too and sometimes more natural than I have in 7.5 years... I'm not sure there's anyplace in the world where I'd fit in completely, and I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that.



=D

No comments: