Saturday, February 02, 2013

100 Books in 2013!

I've challenged myself to read 100 books in 2013!

In part I'm doing this to support the centennial celebrations of the town where I live at the moment, but I'm also doing it for me. This will be a great opportunity to read deliberately and consciously. I'm planning to read a diverse assortment of books from various collections in my public library. I'm going to stretch my horizons and read genres I don't usually read and collections I haven't read much from in a while. I'll push myself out of my comfortable favourite styles and genres.

  • Adult, teen, and children's books are fair game,
  • Fiction and non-fiction are fair game,
  • Mysteries, classics, science-fiction, fantasy, westerns, Christian, romance are all fair game,
  • "Fluff" and "high-literature" are both fair game,
  • English and French are both fair game (my français is pretty rusty these days and can use the workout).
 I'll be keeping a tally of what I've read on my Goodreads page and I'll even review as many as possible there.

May your shelves be ever filled with great books!

No comments: